Sunday, June 29, 2014

Only the Lonely

You know that video of that guy in the airport in Vegas where he's singing "All By Myself"? And he's dancing and no one is around? Well, I am living that in my house tonight. Everyone is in other rooms, all of them ignoring me and the fact that I want to watch Dirty Rotten Scoundrels which we finally got to work in a DVD player (because I can't find anywhere that streams it) and it is the funniest movie and no one will watch it with me. I even sent Child 1 a text and she came down for 10 seconds and left. Not even The Dog is in my room, which must be some kind of record. Or maybe it's a miracle. I can't decide. But she came in for a minute when I called her and then left. I showered this morning, so I don't think I smell.

People have asked me how The Dog is and my answer is the very same as she always has been. She is still stealing my shoes and still smells. She hasn't chewed anything up for a while, so that is at least good. But she has this really annoying habit still of always being underfoot. Seriously, she will stand right behind me while I'm cooking or washing dishes so that when I turn around, I trip over her. Someday she is going to break my ankle, which for me is surprisingly easy, and that will make me really, really mad because then I won't be able to wear these Franco Sarto sandals:


Yep. It's awards season again and I again was not nominated for anything. Apparently, I still have supervisors who don't believe in awards, unless you complain very loudly in every meeting about how much you don't like everyone and that Europeans get more vacation days. That gets you an award, but being very, very good at your job does not. So I got myself these sandals in lieu of an award. They are surprisingly comfortable and I think they make me close to 6 feet tall when I wear them. I love them. LOVE them. Husband asked if I had actually got an award would I have bought the sandals anyway. Probably. Because they are beautiful. And I think I have a shoe problem. Somebody asked me if I had a different pair of shoes for every outfit. I said maybe, but only because I own a LOT of clothes as well as shoes.

You know what is better than a brownie? This:


I believe that we will win!

No comments:

Post a Comment