Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fasten your seatbelts!

So Child 2 got her driver's permit today and Husband took her driving around our church parking lot. She drove around in circles for about 20 minutes. I'm not sure I'm ready for this. She says she only mixed up the gas pedal and the brake three times and that she can't be the only one that has happened to. True, but I don't want to drive with her until she figures that all out. Child 2, I never want to see this on my car.


But luckily, a solution to this problem is at hand and that is that I'm leaving on my trip tomorrow. I'll be gone for two weeks and by the time I return, Husband will have helped her learn that the big one is the break. No, the big one! THE BIG ONE!! STEP ON THE BIG ONE!!! It will be just like when I taught Child 1 to tie her shoes by taking a nap and letting Husband do it.

This week, I also learned what the rules are for "friending" your children's friends on social media.

  1. If you accidentally friend one of your children's friends on social media, you cannot take the request back. That is rude and will only prove that you are stupid and can't figure out which buttons to click. In reality, it only proves that the buttons on your stupid iPod are too dang small, but I am told this is the rule.
  2. Once you are friends, you should go to their home page and like all their photos.
  3. You must never, ever, ever comment on any photo they post. Ever. You may like it but not comment. No. Words. None. Resist the urge to comment or you will face the wrath of the child!
So those are the rules. I promise I am following them. I once commented "beautiful!" but I hear even that is not OK.

You know what is not better than a brownie? Chocolate covered bugs. And chocolate chirp cookies which are made with crickets. 

The Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium in New Orleans serves them and people apparently actually eat them. They also serve larvae toffee. I just can't. Nope. So very glad I'm allergic to chocolate right now. Seriously. Crickets?


No comments:

Post a Comment