Monday, July 15, 2013

What could be better than a brownie?

Some things you should know about me before you understand this blog:

  1. I love chocolate.
  2. Brownies are my favorite kind of chocolate.
  3. I am allergic to wheat.
  4. And also chocolate.
Yes, in answer to your question--I am a chocoholic who is allergic to chocolate. And wheat. And I will never, ever eat another brownie for the rest of my life. Never. Because although you can find flour that is not made out of wheat, there is no such thing as chocolate that is not made out of cocoa. So I have resorted to making the children (I have three) let me smell their chocolate, and sometimes I let them bake brownies just so I have the scent in the house. That is almost enough. But I still wish I could eat a brownie.


I am also a Foreign Service Officer and I work for the Department of State. Right now I am stationed in DC. I won't write much about my specific job, but I will talk about Department culture, and bidding, and getting lost in the halls because it is the most confusing building ever and there are no windows. But all that will come later.

What you really need to know right now is that the format of this blog will be for me to write about my life, family, The Dog that I don't like, how things in my house keep breaking, etc. Then I will pick something and compare it to a brownie and decide if it is better or not. Today, I'm picking the fact that Husband will be home after a year in Afghanistan in 7 hours. And if there is anything better in the world than a brownie, it is getting my husband back after a very long and very difficult year. So Babe, please know that you are better than a brownie to me, and that is saying a lot.


I promise other entries will be funnier, but I'm to happy to be witty at the moment.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you kept writing. I look forward to many thought-prokoing discussions on the relative merits of brownies vs. the world. I am sorry you can never eat another brownie, though, I can't imagine living without brownies, or fresh bread.

    ReplyDelete