Monday, April 21, 2014

Where's my sunscreen?

We have a college decision, and it's Hawaii! I know you are thinking what an awesome idea it is for her to go to a vacation spot for college and you are so right! I mean, how else am I going to get to Hawaii on a regular basis? I believe you should completely raise your children to consider your need for a vacation when choosing a school. OK, not exactly. She chose that particular school because it will be great for her and I am very supportive. So supportive, in fact, that I have already arranged with a friend to rent a house on the beach for orientation week. A girl needs her vacay time.


But first, we went to Texas to see my parents for spring break which ended up meaning that we drove back and forth to the hospital a lot because my dad decided the prospect of seeing us was so stressful that he would rather be in intensive care. OK, again I'm exaggerating a little bit, although not much because one time I called him and he literally had a heart attack. While we were on the phone. Really. It was a very scary infection this time, but he is doing much better now and my mom didn't even complain that we brought The Dog with us who was really pretty well behaved except for that one thing that she ate that we will now have to replace before my dad finds out. Sorry, Mom.

But we also got to see this with Sister 3 which every good Texan should do at least once.


It was awesome and then we ate Tex Mex and felt really at home. And then we left to drive back. It was a vacation of drive drive drive hospital hospital hospital longhorns drive drive drive. Oh and one day where we went to see Muppets Most Wanted and had the theater entirely to ourselves. I may have danced to the closing credits. Just a little.

You know what is not better than a brownie? Spinach with bird legs in it. I can't post the picture because it is too disturbing, but a woman bought a bag of Dole spinach salad and it came with some extra protein. When she called to complain, they offered her a coupon for a new bag. Um, no thank you. She said she won't be eating spinach salad again for a while and I completely don't blame her. Ewww! Could produce companies work a little harder to not have these problems? If it isn't spiders in the grapes, it's birds in the salad. Farmer's market, here I come! At least there you can look the farmer in the eye and complain if you find animal parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment