Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Biting the bullet

So I did it. I pulled the trigger and went to see the allergist. She is very nice, and I like her. But so far, we still don't know what is making me sick because I am allergic to everything. Yep. I had a reaction to every single thing they tested me for. Every. Single. One.

For those of you keeping track, that includes grass, weeds, trees, dust mites, mold, and cats. Oh, and also dogs. I am allergic to The Dog. Figures. And cockroaches, too, but Husband says that isn't a problem since I'll never get close enough to one to have a reaction. I am very good at running from cockroaches.

But never fear--we are not giving up The Dog. We just have to keep her away from me, which as you know will be really really hard because to The Dog, I am way better than a brownie. You know what is not better than a brownie? Waiting for the blood tests to come back with the food results. So we'll see. Given the results today, I'm not too hopeful that brownies are in my future.

2 comments:

  1. My nephew had a similar scenario when they tested him...they decided (since he wasn't reactive to everything all the time for real) that his system was just really ramped up at the time of testing and that they needed to test him a little further from the crisis point.....maybe you need to run these tests again later when you aren't feeling awful already. Know what I mean? I do hope you aren't really allergic to EVERYTHING though. k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope it's the environment out to get you and not chocolate!

    ReplyDelete