Monday, October 21, 2013

More is better

You will all be happy to know that the Wright Brother's poster project is finished. We (and by we I mean Child 3) used half of a bottle of glue and my fingers are sticky and I fear the carpet will never be the same. And we used a lot of scrapbooking supplies. But hey, it's my carpet and my supplies and I don't really care because we. are. finished. Child 3 says she has more pictures than anyone else in the 6th grade and I told her that is just fine. More is better when it comes to pictures. Not glue, though.


Today I was finally back to work and it was a lot of fun to be back but not so much fun to tackle three weeks of work. Not that I wasn't working when I was in Africa, but I wasn't doing my normal day-to-day stuff and it has piled up considerably. But I managed to chip at the mountain of e-mails and all in all it was an extremely productive day, especially when you consider that I got home later than normal and still made dinner. Salmon and Ratatouille and there isn't even a tiny bit left and it was a big piece of salmon. Child 2 was in charge of dinner, which meant I was the sous chef but still in charge of the kitchen. And I still have my own chore to do. I'm beginning to think that it was not a good idea to put myself on the chart because then I'm "helping" other people do their chores and still have my own. Plus all the parenting and housekeeping stuff I normally do. It's an inherently unfair system we have set up here. Sometimes, when I'm feeling particularly cranky, I go on strike. I tell everyone I quit and then I go to my room and eat chocolate. OK, that is what I used to do because I can't have chocolate any more. Or licorice. So now it's root beer barrels or the maple sugar candy that Sister 2 sent me that I hid from everyone and just finished off last week. But tonight I'm too tired to strike, so I'm just going to bed. Good Night.

But before I do, I have to mention that shopping in WalMart with a alligator on the loose is not better than a brownie. Shoppers were just minding their own business at a store in Florida, when this walked over to the doors. It's about 6 feet long, if you can't tell.


It actually triggered the sliding doors which opened, but quick thinking employees quickly locked them. I have no idea who was outside taking the video, but I certainly hope they had a telephoto lens. I wouldn't want to get too close to that thing. Unless it was made into a purse. Then I might even carry it around, but being chomped while trying to buy school supplies? No thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment