Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Just because it's pink doesn't mean it's a dessert

You will all be happy to know that I have conquered the poached egg. I made one yesterday and again tonight and they were perfect and every bit as delicious as I imagined. I love poached eggs. Love them. And because they are one of the few things I am not allergic to, I am going to eat them a lot.

However, I refuse to eat any more mushy asparagus, so only fresh from now on. I should have mentioned that it was mishy because it was frozen. The market was all out of fresh when I went.

Tonight I went out for dessert with friends which for me usually means "watch other people eat chocolate." So I decided to try a caramel shake, because I'm still hoping caramel is the new chocolate. It's not. Especially when it is covered in big crystals of pink salt. Now, a few flakes of salt would have been delicious, but this was about a teaspoon and they were big crystals so they didn't dissolve and I would get a big chunk and now I feel slightly sick. But maybe that's because I think I also can't have dairy. I don't know if I can live without cheese. But at least I can still eat eggs. They are no brownies, though.

And confidential to my friend "Esperanza"--you will rock your test tomorrow. I can feel it.

1 comment:

  1. If you think you can't have dairy and it's due to the lactose, you're probably still okay with aged cheese. The bacteria (yum!) that turns the milk into cheese eats most of the lactose in the process.

    ReplyDelete