Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Foiled again

I didn't get to go shopping tonight. I forgot that Husband had a thing and needed the car, and since the children had the other one, I was left home alone with the dog. So I finished reading the new Bridget Jones book which was OK, but predictable and I was very, very sad that Helen Fielding has lost all her imagination. There were some funny parts, mostly involving Bridget's daughter who is 5 and hilarious, but the rest of it was very disappointing. It makes me sad because I have a special place in my heart for Bridget. I mean, what girl hasn't hidden under her blanket with a tub of Ben & Jerry's at least once? Or maybe twice. OK, a lot, but that was before the whole chocolate/wheat/and now dairy problem.


I read Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason in 2001 a couple of months after 9/11. I love reading. I read all the time, but I couldn't after that horrible day. Nothing held my interest and I thought nothing would ever be the same again. Then I discovered Bridget and I read it and I laughed out loud for the first time in months because the part in the book where she interviews Colin Firth about the scene in Pride and Prejudice where he comes out of the pond is probably one of the funniest things ever written. Yep. Loved it. So very much. This new book is not like that.

This Christmas apparel is not better than a brownie.

reindeer bun kit shine

The children and I saw this when we were out shopping and thought it was probably about the worst idea ever. I told Child 3 I would pay to see her wear it and she said why would she want to turn her hair into a nose. She has a point. Still, if anyone wants to try it, please, please send me a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment