Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Whoosh!

You know those days where you go to work and everything goes well and you sit back at the end of the day and feel totally excited and energized about what you've accomplished? Yeah, I never have those days. Today felt like I sat down at my desk, took a deep breath and finally let it out at 5pm when it was time to go. I accomplished a ton, but at the end of the day I felt like I had been run through the spin cycle over and over again and I was completely wrung out with not a drop of energy left. Oh, and sick to my stomach. Kind of like this.


The thing is I love, love, love my job. It is perhaps the perfect job for me, except for the last one which was also weirdly perfect but in a different way. Neither of them were made up kind of jobs. You know, the kind of jobs that only exist because someone makes up a reason for them to exist and it's not a very good reason either like "we should always have someone answer the phone no matter what kind of idiot is calling." Or "we should count more things that don't need counting." Or "we should sell these things that no one needs to people who don't need them." I have had all of those jobs and this job (and my last one) are real jobs that are necessary and I do real things that make a difference. But still, at the end of the day, all I want to do is go home to bed and sleep forever and ever.

Speaking of hibernating, I don't think pandas do. They also don't pay attention to fashion, and if they did, they would hate this onesie.

Courtesy Net-a-Porter

Yep. It's a panda romper for grown ups. For a mere $1000 you can have the privilege of dressing in something a toddler would be embarrassed to wear. I mean, seriously, where would you wear this? You couldn't wear it to a field trip because your children would refuse to be seen with you. Likewise, The Dog would refuse to let me walk her in it. But I don't know, I think the pink tongue would make a nice talking point at staff meetings. And if you got up late, you could just zip up and not worry about hair or makeup. Seriously. Fashion designers secretly hate women. I'm convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment