Tonight I listened to a podcast from someone who was part of my past and it reminded me of some things I had forgotten. Here is a list.
- How annoying that little blinking cursor was in DOS
- How annoying DOS is. (Although that I kind of remembered because I currently have to regularly use a DOS-based system at work. And yes I realize it is 2013 and no one has used DOS for 20 years, but this is the federal government we are talking about and I am not kidding when I say we have no money.)
- What it was like to actually dial a phone and have to watch it spin slowly. I hated phone numbers with 9s in them. Thank goodness it was back in the day when phone numbers were only 7 digits!
- That we used to call the second phone in the house "the extension."
- How annoying it was when the VCR would eat your tapes.
- How even though I can't figure out how to insert pictures into a bullet list, it is still much less of a pain than trying to type footnotes on a typewriter. Especially when this would keep happening.