Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Enough!

This is not better than a brownie. Brownies cannot make it better. No amount of desserts in the world can erase it. People will try with their casseroles and cakes and pies and assorted gift baskets and flowers, but for 12 families, the world feels like it is ending and it will never be the same.


I am tired of this kind of death and I know this feeling all too well. When I was a teenager, my best friend's father was killed by a disgruntled employee who walked into his former place of work and shot 9 people. I found out by watching the news. I saw the story on TV and I remember saying to my parents that's where "Alison's" dad works. I knew it was not good, and then I saw Alison's mom on camera sobbing uncontrollably. I went into the bathroom and threw up. I feel like that again today.

To the families of all those who were lost, I am so sorry. I hope some day you will find peace. And to my children, I hope that by the time you are my age, this sort of evil will no longer be common. We have to find a solution and quick.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I appreciate your thoughts on this one. I agree and wish that by the time my kids are my age...this is a long ago memory of "the bad old days".

    ReplyDelete