Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Beep Noodle Soup

One of our favorite places in China was the restaurant that had mixed up its letters. It literally said Beep Noodle Shof on the sign. We never actually ate there, because it was a little scary looking, but it was fun to think about what beep noodles tasted like. I guess we'll never know, because the shof is gone now. It wasn't there when I went back on TDY (temporary duty in case you forgot the acronym.) But tonight I did introduce the children to real Pho in an awesome authentic Vietnamese place that my fellow bloggers introduced me to. Child 1 and Child 2 loved it and ate every drop. Child 3 who went with the chicken and not the steak ate maybe 5 bites, even though pho is made with rice noodles and thus is naturally gluten free. But it was fun and delicious and we had a great time.

Husband was off gallivanting around bonfires with British people dressed like Anonymous. The whole Guy Fawkes thing confuses me. It's like if we had Benedict Arnold day and went around dressed in red coats carrying around little voodoo dolls that looked like him and barbecued them. Why celebrate a traitor? I can think of a lot better things to do than give them a national holiday.


It's pageant time again. And instead of Fiji dropping the ball, this time it was Miss USA. Instead of making her beautiful, they turned her into a cartoon and this costume is not better than a brownie.

2013 Miss Universe National Costume Show

I'm not sure exactly who the Miss Universe promoters think watches the pageant, but I can assure you very few of them collect Transformers. I mean honestly, you can hardly tell there is a girl in there and those shoes! They are a travesty. This year, I'm routing for Miss Mexico because THAT is an awesome pageant costume. Think I could pull off the hat?

2013 Miss Universe National Costume Show


1 comment:

  1. Yes, Dear. You could pull off the hat. But only assuming you can find the right shoes. (And, if you can't, no one can.)

    xoxo,
    Artemis

    ReplyDelete